Friday, February 4, 2011

"Finding Myself" or something like that...

My name is Kate, I am a college senior in Florida. Because I don't know what exactly I want to do with my life, I will follow in the footsteps of so many people before me and move to Europe to "find myself." I have applied to teach English to Spanish students through Spain's Ministry of Education's Culture and Language Assistant Program. If you're in the same situation as me check it out and apply>> Teach in Spain.

I have been to Spanish speaking countries before, such as Costa Rica and Mexico and I am a Spanish major...but I wouldn't consider myself exactly fluent in the language. I'm not sure if any of you are aware but the most useful tool I have ever used as a Spanish major is Google Translate. Call it cheating if you will, but when you're trying to book a flight or fill out an application online in Spain, this translating tool will be your best friend, I promise!

In my application to the program we are allowed to list the three top provinces we would like to live in. My top three choices (in this order) were:

First choice: Andalusia (aka Andalucia depending on where you're from)



Second choice: Canary Islands



(if you're beginning to see a trend that's because there is one...I'm not too sure if I could ever live inland...)

Third choice: Basque Country




So these are the three destinations I might possibly end up. I'm applicant number 202 out of 2,000 or more, so my chances are pretty good. If for some reason I am not accepted into this program I've decided that I am moving to Spain anyways, at least for a few months. My next objective is to find out where all the sweet deals are in Spain, I'm talking airfare, trains, hostels, etc. So check back with me later to see what I find!

No comments:

Post a Comment